About Me and My Blog

Hey there, I'm Connor, I'm 19 and I live in Kent, England. I enjoy photography, film, gaming, drawing, fashion, travel and all manor or other things. My blog is basically going to be me talking about subjects I enjoy so gaming, fashion and travel ect. There will also be little sort of day in the life blogs if i do something interesting say if I go on a day trip somewhere or away for the weekend, just sort of a little day diary of what I got up to so expect a couple of them :). Anyway, get reading, hope you enjoy.

C.B

Thursday 15 January 2015

"Roads, Where We're Going We Don't Need Roads"

Hopefully you guys got the title quote it should give you a slight hint as to what this blog is going to be about, for those whose don't know in Back To The Future Part II Doc, Marty and Jennifer go to 2015 in the new flying Delorean so here is a list or couple of paragraphs about what I'm looking forward to in 2015....

1. Starting off with the Back To The Future theme Nike have announced and got an advert for the shoes in which Marty McFly puts on when he gets to 2015. Now, I don't think it is an official advert for the shoes, I could be wrong, but I saw it on YouTube so it might just be an internet based advert to get people hyped about it before they actually release and official advert for them. They don't look like anything else I own as they are pretty high topped boot kinda things, obviously they wont have the auto tightening laces on them so I don't know how they are going to design them for functionality and still have the look of the ones in the film but they're Nike they will find a way. I'm also not sure if they are going to have the lights on them either as I think that would draw away the older market of people that would be interested in them and attract more of a younger audience so here's the dilemma in my eyes; if they flashed it would draw attention from younger consumers who wouldn't know that they are from Back To The Future Part II where as the older consumers who know about Back To The Future who would want them could be put of by the "child-like" lights but either way Nike will probably sill run out of pairs as they did with the black and white Roshe Run trainers they released late summer last year. I don't know what I would wear them with as looking at them like that straight away I see someone wearing them with a baggy pair or sports shorts and a massively oversized t-shirt, an American basically, not being stereotypical just stating that in America that is the fashion of some people and in England no one wears that particular outfit. For me I can see myself wearing them with a pair of jeans that would come to probably just to the top of the laces but thinking that I'm wondering how the top half of the shoe would make the bottom of my jeans look. These will probably come out in loads of different colours as did the Huaraches but the grey and white will be the most popular its inevitable as they are the ones from the film. The one thing I'm worried about with these shoes has to be the price tag, there is no official price for them yet but they're easily going to be £100+ as the next closest and popular thing are Huaraches and they are still £90 in some places and then you get some air max especially in the popular colours such as black or white sitting at a whopping £95 a pair but no matter the price tag people are still going to buy them and places like JD Sports and Office will run out on release day.
 
2. Ok so, I enjoy traveling and this year I aim to travel more and document it via blogging and filling up my Instagram, @connorbole, with tones of pictures. Now I wont be going far on my travels, he says, but I am hopefully going to Camden market some time soon, within the next month, so I will be taking lots of pictures then and I'll probably bore my family with them as well. Sadly I don't have a camera so I use my phone which is a HTC One Mini, it has a 2.0up which is HTC's Ultra Pixel camera, 1080p full HD recording but only a 1.6mp front camera which is a long way off the back camera and 720p front recording too. Anyway enough about my phone, if you do however want to see my pictures feel free to follow my Instagram, as I was saying I'd like to travel this year but it wont be far unless it is with family, every year we go to Turkey and have done the last 7-8 years and it is very repetitive as my mum likes to lay by the pool for hours on end, we did however go to North Wales which is a very very beautiful country especially that part as it has all the mountains and nice little woodland areas, during my time in Wales we climbed Mount Snowden but that's a story for another day. This year we are however looking at going somewhere different Morocco was one choice and there's a few other ideas floating around too. Late last year me and my mates was planning a lads holiday to Malia or somewhere with that sort of nightlife but that's not the kind of traveling in which I'd be able to go round taking photos of the architecture and scenery, my friends have seen my photography but to be honest they would probably take the piss is I suggested having a look around the island for that purpose, plus my job hasn't been putting out enough hours for me to be able to afford it which is very disappointing. I would like to travel Europe earlier tonight I looked at a ferry over to Calais from Dover and its £16 for a same day open return so it's quite possible that I will be doing that as I wouldn't have to pay for accommodation and I am only about an hour away from Dover, if that, but I don't know what there is to do in Calais so I'd have to travel further into France if it isn't too much, I'd like to see the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre but I'm not sure if I'd be able to get that done in a day with all the traveling to Paris. Other places I would like to go in Europe would be Barcelona and Amsterdam, Barcelona for the sun, beaches and architecture and Amsterdam also for the architecture, the people, the vibe and to be honest, the night life there. My friend from work has just recently come back, he goes there a lot and he loves it every time, him and his mates drive down and stay at a camp site for 4-5 days, now its no 5 star hotel but its not the comforts you go out there for, you go for the people and the change of scenery, well I would anyway, but camping would not bother me one bit as its only a place to rest your head at the end of the night.


3. This year I will be turning 20 so knowing me I will be going out and getting pissed down the local "club" if that's what you want to call it, its not really a club club but it's more than a pub if you catch my drift. It is called The Goose not the most extravagant name I know but it's the best local place we have unless you're willing to go an hours away from home and stay over night. There are a few other places but I will explain all night life in another post for you. So, yeah, I will be turning the big 20, half way to 40 now, eek, kinda daunting when I think about it, but turning 20 will probably make me feel mentally more mature and I might start focusing on getting my own place and some sort of vehicle other than the bus. I feel this little section will be considerably shorter than the other two as I don't really know what to say about turning 20 other than I'm going to get pissed like most weekends and I'll probably focus more on getting somewhere in life.

4. Right, so appearance wise for 2015, go. I will hopefully have my sleeve done by the end of the year, I currently have technically one tattoo, I did get a Triforce on my forearm just over a year ago because I wanted something but I didn't know what to get. For those of you who don't know what a Triforce is it is a symbol from the series of Nintendo games called The Legend Of Zelda it is basically 3 triangles in a pyramid have and each of them stand for power, wisdom and courage. Then a long time after that I got a Mandala flower around it which will be getting finished off in 7 hours as I'm typing, it is currently 4:30am UK time as I'm writing this. Along with getting my Mandala shaded I am getting a detailed eye on my wrist but the iris and pupil is going to be a dream catcher, a bit different I know but I don't care haha. As for my other tattoos I do aim to be covered but at the moment is going slowly as in a year I've only got two done. Staying on the alternative theme of things I would like to get some piercings, now I had my ears pierced but long story short it fell out at work and in the process of putting it back in I dropped it down the sink and before I knew it they had closed up, so I would like to get my lobes redone but now comes the tricky part as my parents and other family members would be against what I want as I would like to stretch my ears to 10 maybe 12mm that's already a no no in my parents eyes, secondly I would like to get my industrial/scaffold done whatever you like to call it a second no no, I would like my tongue pierced but again my family would find something wrong with it and lastly my nipples, no particular reason I just think it would be finny. I did however want to get my lips pierced when I was in college by it hasn't really crossed my mind since then so I don't think I would get it done, plus the family wouldn't lets say, agree. Moving on from tattoos and piercings, I want a beard, to put it bluntly, it may just be a fashion thing of me subconsciously wanting to fit in but I want a beard. Now here's the problem, I know it isn't a skill or something I can improve on but I'm not exactly good as the whole facial hair growing thing, I have a few strands of ginger hair on my chin and that is all. I think it has something to do with my hormones as I'm still getting the odd spot almost at the age of 20 but I'm hoping, praying, that it progresses somewhere so that I don't look like some prepubescent teenager. I don't know where I got the idea of wanting a beard from I think I got it from a model named Dickie Smith, if any of you know who he is, if not his Instagram is @dickiesmithmodel basically he is an alternative model, covered in tattoos and has one hell of an awesome beard. Going from the hair on my chin to the hair on my head, I have had a few hair styles between turning 18 and now but before then it was just a long ginger mop, but now I've had it shaved, dyed and all manner of things done to it. The style I am going for is the Top Knot, basically back and sides shaved to a 3 in my case and then grown out on top and put into a small bun or tiny pony tail, it it can be classed as that, again I don't know where I got the idea of this or why I want it, I think it's just one of those phases of fashion and trying to fit it, knowing my luck by the time my hair is long enough that style wont be in but if that is the case or I just don't like how it looks I cant just get it cut so its not really a big loss.



I am going to leave it at that for now as I have been going for a good couple of hours and this is my 4th? blog in essentially one day of having blogger and I don't want to drag on and bore you, but anyway if I think of anything else I will probably do another post like this with a few more things I'm looking forward to. Once again thanks for reading, c'ya.

C.B

No comments:

Post a Comment